Friday, April 29, 2011

A new baby!

We have some very exciting news to share!!! We are getting a brand new baby!!!



Our beautiful baby was hatched on EASTER Sunday the 24th of April 2011. What an amazing day to be born. Our baby is definitely the example of new life! We will be getting our baby when he/she is 3 weeks old so it will look a little like the above. Very young and very vulnerable needing a mumma to feed, look after and love it. I will be hand rearing our baby which is a very big task but something that Rob and I have been researching and preparing for months and months.Our baby will just be opening his/her eyes so as far as the baby is concerned I will be its mother and we will form a special bond.

Our new baby is an Eclectus Parrot. Over the next couple of weeks we have to come up with a boy and a girl name for our birdy! I like the name "April" for a girl and "Jasper" for a boy. We will not know the sex until their feathers come through. The advantage of the Eclectus is that you can tell the sex by the colours of their feathers. The males are a beautiful green with blue and red under their wings and the female is a gorgeous red and purple.It's exciting waiting to see what sex we will get! At first I really wanted a female but after lots of research and 'you tubing' I don't mind what we get! They are both just as a amazing as each other and I cant wait to form a special bond with my new baby!

A male at 6 weeks of age! 

 A male and female Eclectus! 

I can't wait to actually get our new bird and bring it home and share with you my own photos! Exciting times ahead!! 

x S.K.K x

2 comments:

Hayley said...

Now I HAVE to bring Cooper over to your (zoo) house :P.
How amazing are those colors :)

x S.K.K x said...

Can't WAIT Hayley heheh